Thursday, December 13, 2007

Writing To Santa

The other day during my Dad's sermon he told a joke that I especially liked. Here goes.

It was around Christmas time, and a little boy sat down to write a letter to God to ask him about Christmas. He knew that God could bless them and not Santa so he sat down and began his letter:

"Dear God: This year I have been good for six months..."

He stopped, looked at the "six months." A moment later he threw it out and started a new one:

"Dear God: This year I have been good for three months..." He stopped again and stared into the distance for a moment, then threw away the letter and started a new one:

"Dear God: This year I have been good for two weeks..." The boy stopped. He had thought of something which led him to throw away the letter.

The boy sat there and thought for a while. Then he went downstairs to where the nativity was set up. Being very careful he picked up Mary and carefully slipped her into his pocket and went back upstairs to start his final letter:

"Dear God: If you ever want to see you mother again..."

It was a funny joke and I enjoyed it, hopefully you did to. Check out my Dad's blog.

No comments: