Monday, November 5, 2007

Not Ready

Last night me and my Dad went hunting. We left the house at about three and got in our stands at about four fifteen. Our stand were about five hundred yards away, so he wasn't able to see what I was seeing. About twenty minutes after sitting in my stand I heard some movement behind me. I turned around to look, and there was a deer no more than twenty five yards behind my stand and she was walking parallel from my stand at about fifteen yards. Needless to say I did not have my bow ready so I had to reach behind me to get my bow. By then time I had my bow in my hand she was stopped broadside about fifteen yards away. I wasn't ready, I was so frustrated. If I would have had my bow ready we would have been dragging my deer out of the woods last night. I learned a lesson from this deer hunt, have your bow ready to go as soon as you are in your stand.

No comments: