Sunday, August 26, 2007

Band Camp Again

This past week I was at Kimball Camp in Reading Michigan for Band Camp. Last year I participated in Band Camp with my old band at Eastside Jr. Sr. High School. This year I went with my new school Grand Ledge. My past experiences at Band Camp have kind of been relaxed ones. This year was very different. Lets just say I received a reality check. It was much different, you worked longer, harder, and you did over and again until it was right. That is what made it much different from my old school. Going into band camp I was a little nervous because of the things I heard about my new band director Mr. Kaufman. I had heard that he was really mean and he was no fun to be around. My band director in fact this week did work us to the bone, but as the week ended I had gained an immense amount of respect for him and having him as my band director just made me wish he wasn't leaving. In spite of all the rain and nasty weather I had a lot of fun.

No comments: