Friday, May 23, 2008

The Loop Hole

My Dad is in the sermon series right now called Tru Identity. A couple of weeks ago he preached on Tru Love, and how you should love one another. Whether it is your brother or sister, or you brothers and sisters in christ. There are a couple of verses that correspond with what God says about that. One is "He who loves God yet hates his brother, then he is a liar." The second verse says that you should not call your brother an idiot and should not call your sister stupid. I had a thought. What if you call your brother stupid and your sister an idiot. Would that be considered a tiny little loop hole around the sin. I do not think so. I think that it is a sin regardless. In my opinion regardless what you call your brother or sister it is still a sin. I think God was simply trying to explain that our love towards our siblings has great importance. Although I get mad at them, and even call them names sometimes, I still love them.

4 comments:

Frank Weller said...

Great thoughts Bubba!

Caleb said...

thanks

Smbless said...

Great thoughts Bubba! Now if only you will practice that literally. A sin is a sin and when you call your siblings names and degrade them then it is a... sin! Remember that.. the next time you call your siblings names!

You are a good leader and I am proud of you!
Love ya, Momma

Caleb said...

I will
Thanks