Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Deer Camp

This next week me, my Dad, and my brother will be taking a trip up to Farwell Michigan. We will be there Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. In case ya'll were confused about the title{Deer Camp} I will elaborate on it a little. Opening morning is Thursday, so on Wednesday night all three of us will venture up to what we call Deer Camp. We will be hunting all three of those days in little deer blinds which are spread throughout my grandpa's land. Basically it is redneck paradise. We will eat beans, hot dogs, steak, venison, pickled bologna, cheese, jerky... It is a total blast. We enjoy each others company while we fart and burp without saying excuse me. The real party does not begin though until my Uncle Jeff arives. Just about each year he shoots a deer, which is no surprise. In fact a couple of years ago he predicted he would shoot a deer at 8:30 on opening morning. Guess what, he shot a deer at 8:30, I myself was amazed. Getting to go up north is something I look forward to each year, hopefully we will all end up with full freezers.

4 comments:

Frank Weller said...

Great post, son! I can't wait to head north with you and Jonah!

Caleb said...

me neither is is going to be so awesome

Anonymous said...

Orange Eve and all of the other "traditions" and the new ones that we will likely put into place. I am looking forward to this year and counting on you getting some action.
I have been doing a lot of scouting, more than I have in a lot of years, and there are a LOT of deer traveling around and moving through. I have no doubts that we will see deer. I have spent a couple evenings sitting in blinds and observing them travel and patterning them so I have a pretty good idea what they are doing and when they do it. Although on the first couple of days those patterns will all be off.

We will have some good times.

Uncle Jefffffff

Soren said...

Have fun guys!

I hope you get your deer this year Caleb.