Sunday, September 9, 2007

A Walk Through Hell

Last night I went to the youth group kickoff, and towards the end I participated in a thing called a walk through hell. As I walked through the woods and listened to the cries of the people that were pretending to be in hell, I began to think what if those people were my friends. It was really an eye opener for me, I realized that if I didn't do something to show the way for the non-Christians then what have I accomplished? It's simple I haven's accomplished anything, and that is why as Christians we need to do be an example. Just as it says in 1 Timothy 4:12 we are to set an example in speech, life, love, faith, and in purity.
Every day we are called to be an example because everybody is constantly watching you. People see how you act and how you talk and that is how people decide how they should be acting and how they should be speaking. God has called us to be an example for a reason and that is because he wants us to bring people to Christ and that is what we should do.

No comments: